Welcome and welcome back to grad school! Those of us at the Student Association for Graduates in English are looking forward to working with and for you in the coming year. To kick off the semester, here’s what we have lined up:
Welcome Back Party
Join us on Friday, September 29 at Reggies bar, located on the second floor of the Hall Building (1455 De Maisonneuve Boulevard W.) for a welcome back dance party, DJ-ed by our very own Robin. Doors open at 8:00 PM. Feel free to bring your partners and besties.
Fall General Assembly
Before getting ready to party, stop by the General Assembly on September 29 @ 3:00 PM in LB 646. We’ll be providing an overview of what SAGE has planned for the year and how our finances will be distributed. This is also the time for bylaws to be proposed and adopted/rejected by vote, so do make sure you’re here to have your voice heard.
Elections for SAGE Council
SAGE is holding elections for the following positions on Council:
- VP Administration: Records minutes, manages social media, publishes newsletter twice annually (once in fall, once in winter)
- Academic Representative: Represents graduate students in the academic stream, attends department meetings, and liaises with CASE, faculty, and staff
- Creative Representative: Represents graduate students in the creative stream, attends creative writing faculty meetings, liaises with faculty and staff
Involvement with Council offers students a direct say in their academic experience at Concordia, as well as the opportunity to engage in dialogue with faculty and administration. The dates of the election process are as follows:
- Nominations: Tuesday September 19 to Monday September 25
- Campaign: Tuesday September 26 to Thursday September 28
- Elections: Friday September 29 in person in the Graduate Student Lounge or via e-mail (details to be confirmed later this month)
For more information about the positions and current members, please check out the team or send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. On September 29 when you join us for the General Assembly and our Welcome Back Party, make sure you take a moment to exercise your democratic right and vote!
Join the Colloquium Team
The 16th annual English Graduate Colloquium at Condordia is presently seeking team members to vet and edit papers and to help manage the event space during our conference on March 23 and 24, this year titled Animal Print. The full details of the call can be found here.
If interested in the position, please submit a brief paragraph of intent stating why you would be a good fit for the team and detailing which tasks interest you to email@example.com by Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 11:59 pm.
Headlight Anthology is a student-run literary journal that publishes poetry, prose, and visual art annually in print. We’re currently hiring a managing editor and treasurer. Interested students can send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 22.
The Committee for Equity and Visibility in the Academy aims to maintain an open dialogue between students, faculty, and administration on issues of representation and visibility. If this initiative is something you wish to get involved with, you can contact the organizers at email@example.com.